Well, it's another cold, dreary day. The sky is so gray that everything outside seems to be tinted in black and white, sort of like Pleasantville. I feel like I'm in an old BW drama like CBS Playhouse, for which one of my professors wrote. I took my still tiny, petalless orchid to work. It is keeping company with my boss's fantastic orchid and its special like. It was very kind of him to help it along. Right now, it is the Charlie Brown Orchid, not to be confused with my Charlie Brown tree.
In a catastrophic week, one of the perks was my Havanna diet mocha cappuccino with Splenda. I had it in my car all night, sealed. I have to hoard these things and hide them, or young children of all ages and species get to them. There it waited this morning, with promises of being "Delicious Hot or Iced" and a beautiful art deco woman's portrait on the bottle, which I'll save for flowers and flower arranging later. It's one way to recycle bottles.
I love my bottles, come to think of it, and love to use Arizona tea and others with corresponding silk and real flowers. I also like to collect scenes in bottles, and am trying to recover a tiny bridal scene I had when I was small. I love, of course the ships in bottles, and even have dolls and miniature ships in the dolls house.
Here are URLS for other blogs I've started, some for writing and literature classes. There will be another online poetry journal for our local writing center, which is still under construction:
http://memoirlifestory.blogspot.com - A Blog for my seminar on writing memoir.
http://pymbronte.blogspot.com - A Blog for my course on Charlotte Bronte and Barbara Pym, with graphics, pictures, bibliographies and other materials and ideas.
http://dollmuseum.blogspot.com - Dr. E's Doll Museum Blog with book excerpts and materials about dolls and related subjects. Also, the beginnings of a web museum to preview the actual museum being planned.
Please visit often and comment.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment