Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Books being Published, Resolve to Find an Agent and Pot Pourri Resolutions!

Happy New Year to all! I took a whirlwind New Year's Eve trip through a local RR town, and in the wonderful Natural Food store found inspiration and food for resolutions. I'm not a resolution person; I used to be too young, and too happy, and now, well, I'm too stressed, usually by the demands of other peoples' schedules. But, I've decided I need to make some promises to myself at least, if I'm going to survive. The recent Radish magazine, and a host of free publications on wellness and natural foods from Cornucopia, the store, were a huge find for me. I recommned them to everyone, and note that the best strawberry vinaigrette dressing recipe I've ever had came from The Radish.

There are also lots of hints for eating well, and for eating right, as well as how to choose organiz foods. Amy's brands come out on top, as do several commonly found boxed macaroni and cheese mixes that are organic. I also found organic miso soup packets and rament noodles. The sesame ginger was very good.

So, one resolution is to comparison shop more, and to mix in more affordable organic choices into my cooking. I have cut down for all of us on fast food, and I cook much more than I used to. So, another resolution to use more of my mom's recipes and to pay attention to cook books and cooking shows has been fulfilled.

I also resolve to make my mom's egg and lemon, or avgolemono soup asap. I'm going to use a big can of organic rice or low sodium chicken rice or chicken noodle soup. The key to this is to whip up fresh eggs with a beater, usually, whites first, and slowly add lemon and yolks, then combine before serving with the broth and noddles. My mom added marrow bones to cook with the chicken because we liked them. She did a savory version with a tomato broth soup with celery and cooked pork stewed in it. Then, she added the egg mixture and let it simmer slowly. I loved it on cold afternoons, and she often made it on a Sunday.

I also loved her scrambled eggs with canned tomatoes. With toast and home fried potatoes, you couldn't beat it.

So, here are a few resolutions:

1. Don't stress myself over others' schedules and demands.

2. Find a publisher and enquire; followup on some of the great sites in Writer's Digest Yearbook, current issue.

3. Write more poetry regularly. The poems are in my head, and need to get written down.

4. Keep up with my writing group and local writing center. I really got out there last year with seminars, readings, and publications. I have two books coming out this year, a Bibliography of Dolls and Doll books, and a chapbook of Poetry called Sappho, I should have listened. I may have a textbook coming out, and another book on Metal and Mechanical dolls is ready to go. My little boy and I submitted last year a book for the Holocaust Education Project, A Book by Me, and it should be out, soon. I need to get at least two proposals out, and need to work on my novels. I may make them into novellas, or long short stories, but they need to be out among the pages read by others.

5, Resolve to keep working on controlling my temper. I can keep from exploding, but the effort to control and the internalizatin make me sick. I have to diffuse it in healthy manner, and let the idiots next door who assault and vandalize me, and stalk me everywhere, work, church, you name it, go. They need to get a life; if I ignore them, they will tire of mine and move on.

6. I need to ignore the childish/psychotic attempts for attention of my husband's ex-wife, a mental patient with a criminal record, who also loves to stalk, and who, on at least one occasion, has cavorted with my idiot neighbor. Back to my earlier resolution, write more poetry.

7. Focus on what makes me feel good, doll making, writing, music, get out my guitar and play it again, as I did the piano.

8. Follow Sappho's advice and control my tongue.

9. Put work and all its problems in perspective.

10. Keep cleaning out closets, but keep working on getting the web museum going, and finding how to make the doll museum work.

11. Spend more time gardening and planting. This helps me enormously, and I spend time with my good neighbor on the other side. I want to learn more about orchids and poinsettas as well.

12. Try go find a way to cope with loss of those I love, and to live with the onging, everpresent grief for my mother's death. I don't know if I can, but I will try.

13. Try to go somewhere; little trips help, would love to visit the
Strong Museum to do research.

14. Keep collecting, but be more selective, do more research and cataloging, more writing and consulting. I love the Antique Doll Pages.

15. Keep up with Twitter; I love it!

16. Keep sending things to our friends at Sun Valley Indian School. We love the kids there. Keep thinking of how to help in local charities, and find places to donate books.

17. Keep in touch with those I love. When someone does something bad to me, do something good for someone else.

Good bye for now; look for my other book on Amazon, The Subversion of Romance in the Novels of Barbara Pym, and those who have read it, write a review!

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment