A simple recipe made easier; my 12 year old ate it, and compared it favorably to Hamburger Helper stroganoff. What more could we want?
Stroganoff, can make with beef, chicken, hamburger, tofu, boca burger, lamb, meat, etc., or no meat or tofu at all.
Need:
1 TBSP. butter or Margarine
1 TBSP. flour for the rue
Add about 2TBSP brandy
About 3TBSP sour cream, or add to rue to desired consistency
one can, 8-12 oz. french onion soup [or add her own homemade soup]
1 c. green peas, canned, fresh cooked, or frozen, or other vegetables and/or mushrooms.
1 TBSP parsley
About 1.5 c of meat or tofu, see above. I used chopped up deli roast beef I bought whole sale. It was excellent.
Make the rue, mix butter and flour, take off low heat and mix to a paste. Don't let it burn. Add the sour cream, return to very low heat, stir constantly. Take off heat. Add the brandy and stir well. Add the soup, return to low to medium heat; gradually bring to a boil, stir well, and reduce heat. Add the meant or tofu and then the vegetables. Stir well. Add the peas. Let simmer about ten minutes. Serve over boiled noodles, rice, potatoes, rotini, or other pasta. It's great with take and bake bread, especially crusty French or Italian bread. If you use hamburger or stir fry meat, sautee and drain first, then add to sauce mixture.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment