Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring and Recipes for Compost

Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to wear my fancy sweater. I did put little shamrocks on my garage windows, something I'm doing for each holiday. I find cut outs or gel decorations, and put them on. It shows with our lights.

Felt a little better and started getting out lawn furniture. I fixed the gnome village and gnome doors and window to my oak tree. This helped. Then, I had to sit down

My daffodills are out, and crocusses so purple that it looked as if it had hailed amethysts all over the yards. I saw some snow drops, too. The hyacinths are out, and I can't wait to see my tulips. The forsythia is gorgeious this year as well. Looking forward to the local lawn and garden show this weekend, and hope to feel better. The Cancer Society Daffodills are here, and I love looking at them and knowing they are for a worthy cause.

Am interested to hear from anyone starting a rain barrell or compost heap. I am mulching some fallen pine branches and would like to use egg shells and coffee grounds again. My neighbor and I plan to use black flowers along our slope; we have Hollyhocks, and I plan to use violae and petunias again. I'm also experimenting with volunteer pumpkins.

I recommend Plow and Hearth for fancy rain barrells; love to paint these things as well. Also, Cabinets of Curiosities for those who want to learn the origins of museums and museums of Natural History, especially. Won a grant of an aquarium, and I can't wait to go. My first shell collection started with a small display from an acquarium, bought for me by my mom when I was five.

Also interested in homeopathic remedies for arthritis; my hand is still very bad, hence more typos than usual. Spring is tomorrow, all hail! Head for the seed catalogs, and nurseries, the violets are on their way!

No comments:

Post a Comment