Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecrow or two graced our old, oak, orange chairs, and I found gourds painted in iridescent colors at our local flower shop. They are gorgeous in a clear glass cylinder.

We were at a great party, and most people had recyled or made their own costumes. There was a great Purple People Eater with a horn, and a plate with "baby doll" parts, and my friend dressed as Robin Hood in a great costume from our neighborhood good will. I came as The Black Dahlia, with a black dahlia head banband, and ghastly make up using my own cosmetics, baby powder, and a few $1.99 supplements from Walgreens close by. Most of our decorations and the food was homemade and local. We were pretty much a Green Halloween neighborhood.

My sweet husband helped to bake cookies, and our little guy helped with our local haunted back yard. We had a bonfire, and lots of candy, and the air was very crisp and cool. Our kitty, almost black, is asleep on his favorite orange rug. Decor is everything. My sweet friend played Great pumpkin and left me a black, glittery pumpkin, and a great green teapot with a bunch of her beautiful mums. Notice I didn't try to spell the word!

I played great pumpkin for a friend's birthday. Our neighborhood grocery store hand painted pumpkinjs. I bought several sprayed silver and other colors, and decorated. I left one on his doorstep as a Halloween birthday gift.

I was happy that much of our shopping and activities were locally based. We ate a great lunch at a local restaurant and visited local museums and stamp shows. Fall is under swing, and tomorrow is El Dia de Muertos. I made sugar skull for one of the culture classes in which se study El Dia de Muertos or Day of the dead using an easy recipe found on about.com. Do a Dia de Muertos search. I add some cake flower to the egg and sugar mixture to give it some form. I molded mine by hand and decorated them with tubes of frosting. They tasted good, but also kept as souvenirs for those who wanted them.

Have a wonderful evening. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment