Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Time Saving Household Tips

If you are at all like me, there aren't enough hours in the day for you. Now that I am writing full time and setting up a doll museum, my life is not my own, add to that family, teens, pets, extended family, committees, church, other responsibilities and a knee injury, well, you get it.


I hold it together; and function, well, more than function.  I learned multitasking in  grad school; I was in law school and did my Masters at the same time.  I did fine in both, made it to class, took my finals, published a little, and never had to ask for an Incomplete.  I even took ballet on Saturdays and ran in my spare time.


So, here are a couple tips.


1.  This morning, I got up first, and it was quiet.  I made my breakfast, which is simple, instant oatmeal and bran with fruit, maybe a little cheese, and coffee.  While I made coffee, I started on the dishes.


2. While I was eating, I finished the dishes and tidied up.


3.  I laid out my clothes from the night before, even on weekends.


4.  I did some of my social media work for various companies and checked email


5.  The rest of Saturday is errands and light housework.


6. I like to write and type on front of my British sitcoms and Miss Fisher Mysteries in the evening if we aren't out. 


7. I write it, yes write it, all down in my calendar.


Happy Weekend!  More survival tips soon.  You may not end up House Beautiful, but you will be House Sane and House Livable, without "all falling down" like in Jennifer Weiner's novel.


Hints from Heloise:  http://www.heloise.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment