Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Dollar Tree Bargains and More!!

Bargains at the Dollar Store

Happy Sunday!  More photos and bargains and clothes and accessories will follow, especially as we get closer to back to school.  A couple tantalizing tips:  Goodwill often has 2 for$.88 specials.  Also, they pick a tag to be half price on clothes. I needed clothes in sizes I don't wear to donate to a couple who recently lost everything but their lives and pet dogs in a fire.  I was able to fill a bag for them.
Image result for Greek Ikarians  public domain
Ikaria, featured on A Taste of Greece for Wonderful Recipes, Public Domain

Also, at the Dollar Stores, especially Dollar Tree, I found beautiful vinyl binders with a front pocket where you can insert a cover.  I prefer white, but they were in all colors.  I also bought one in print, pale pink like on Havilland plates.

Also, I discovered a new PBS Create Cooking Store, A Taste of Greece.  Great tips, scenery and ideas.   Lots of the PBS cooking shows talk about local growing and local foods used in restaurants, as well as sustainability. I get great ideas for cooking and gardening from these
 

In a brief detour, here are some household and grocery bargains available at your local dollar store, though brands may vary.



These are classics ad perfect for tea.  Usually, they are in the local grocers or in stores that feature Latino cuisine, but
I found these for only $1!! They are delicious not high in calories.  They would be great for lemonade stands,
tea parties, potlucks, teddy bear teas, or other special summer occasions.

Only $1, and it's excellent pound cake.  Think making a trifle, or  serve with strawberries or other fruit. 
Slice and layer with pudding, whipped cream, and fruit for a great layer cake dessert.  Or, eat it plain.  Make a fruit sauce
with fresh or frozen berries, 1/4 c wine or port, 1 tbsp. sugar or to taste,  bring to a boil and simmer.

Cryopak by Canada, only $1.  I twisted my knee badly on July 4th.   This pak takes away the pain and stays on.  Use it
hot or cold. Think school sports and soccer league booboos!  Great for your back to school or home
first aid kid.


2  Kinds of Pretzels, and 2 Kinds of Crackers. $1.  Terrific with hummus, or any dip. 
Just grab a handful for snacks, soups, or to pair with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment