I love Logee's, and I love orchids, all of them! I constantly go to orchid shows, and I've tried to raise them, but alas, they don't like me. I have lovely silk examples, and I have jewelry. As close as I'll get, I supposed. My church decorates the Epitaphio, or tomb of Jesus, every Easter, and Orchids are the crowning glory. If you are special, you get an orchid at the end of the liturgy. Everyone else gets a carnation or some greenery. One year, my friend, and our son's godfather, was directing choir. He got an orchid, and at the end of the liturgy, he placed it in my hands. I was very touched.
Another friend, also a musician, has an enviable collection, just fantastic. He's the star of the orchid show! I can gaze from afar, and Logee's has some nice examples at their online sale, till Jan. 23d. I've had good luck ordering from them:
https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Logee-s-Orchid-Sale.html?soid=1011343087080&aid=7M16EdlDOWI
 |
| Public Domain |
No comments:
Post a Comment