On a cold, depressingly frigid evening full of clouds and snows, I made dinner. I had success. As I told my husband, Suzy Homemaker, I'm not, but I try. He told me to stop complaining. Was I? Anyway, I try, and tonight, tried well. I followed the directions on the box, but cut up mushrooms in the browned hamburger, mix, hot water and milk. I added a pat of butter, and stirred in about a tablespoon of real sour cream. I also used real milk. It was delicious. Let it simmer covered twelve minutes, not ten.
Add bread and butter; I used white sliced, not very health conscious perhaps, but it was good. Also, it was on sale, $.50 for a one pound loaf. I made a salad of mixed baby greens, avocado, and queen green olives, stuffed, drizzled with ranch dressing and topped with won ton strips. Final side dish was cottage cheese with chives. Nice dinner for a cold night.
Stay warm.
 |
| Public Domain |
No comments:
Post a Comment