12. Turn the lights out; invest in energy efficient bulbs where possible, look for products that do not harm animals, do not contain unwarranted pesticides and chemicals.
13. Look for recipes on DIY sites and in books for cleaning materials and soaps that are natural, like vinegar. Do not use flammable materials, however.
Greetings everyone, especially to my new follower. Here are two more of hte original tips. Forgive me if I am not my peppy self today. I have been dealt a rather sneaky blow of disappointment. At least today the sun is out; the river has melted and their are flocks of pelicans sleeping in groups along the banks of islands dotting the river. It will be warm and windy today, typical March, but then it may snow by Friday! My black and white cat, Tuxedo, is half on my keyboard, and half in my lap. He is the most loving kitty, and with his sister Miss Bangles, both ten months, they add happiness to every day, even the bad ones. They are two little souls who need love, and who want to play. They still need me to feed them, and to take care of them, no matter what. It does help to ne needed.
As far as Tip #12, I noticed that the dollar stores now have energy efficient bulbs. As always, look for the labels. The wide variety of save, led candles and battery operated lamps make it easy to be more energy conscious, but also safe. I love the smell of candles, and I love collecting figural candles, but I don't light them. Bad episode of having my hair set on fire on Good Friday when I was 13. Also, the smell of the candles burning tends to trigger my asthma.
#13. I'm always looking for recipes; lots of antique cookbooks always have household hints, and Hints from Heloise has always been one of my favorite sources. There are many book s you can Google or find in libraries that have similar tips. There are good recipes all over the web, and plenty of cookbooks at used book sales and yard sales. I love old recipe boxes; they have a personal touch and are someone's unique collection of cut outs. No two will be alike.
We will continue posting through the list of original tips; hope everyone enjoys reading them. Happy Spring! Friday is Day 1!
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Original Tips 12 and 13
12. Turn the lights out; invest in energy efficient bulbs where possible, look for products that do not harm animals, do not contain unwarranted pesticides and chemicals.
13. Look for recipes on DIY sites and in books for cleaning materials and soaps that are natural, like vinegar. Do not use flammable materials, however.
Greetings everyone, especially to my new follower. Here are two more of hte original tips. Forgive me if I am not my peppy self today. I have been dealt a rather sneaky blow of disappointment. At least today the sun is out; the river has melted and their are flocks of pelicans sleeping in groups along the banks of islands dotting the river. It will be warm and windy today, typical March, but then it may snow by Friday! My black and white cat, Tuxedo, is half on my keyboard, and half in my lap. He is the most loving kitty, and with his sister Miss Bangles, both ten months, they add happiness to every day, even the bad ones. They are two little souls who need love, and who want to play. They still need me to feed them, and to take care of them, no matter what. It does help to ne needed.
As far as Tip #12, I noticed that the dollar stores now have energy efficient bulbs. As always, look for the labels. The wide variety of save, led candles and battery operated lamps make it easy to be more energy conscious, but also safe. I love the smell of candles, and I love collecting figural candles, but I don't light them. Bad episode of having my hair set on fire on Good Friday when I was 13. Also, the smell of the candles burning tends to trigger my asthma.
#13. I'm always looking for recipes; lots of antique cookbooks always have household hints, and Hints from Heloise has always been one of my favorite sources. There are many book s you can Google or find in libraries that have similar tips. There are good recipes all over the web, and plenty of cookbooks at used book sales and yard sales. I love old recipe boxes; they have a personal touch and are someone's unique collection of cut outs. No two will be alike.
We will continue posting through the list of original tips; hope everyone enjoys reading them. Happy Spring! Friday is Day 1!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks; I would like to look at your blog, too. I am overwhelmed with work and projects right now, but we can stay in touch :)
ReplyDelete