It's official, my huge tom kitten with the build of a Labrador barked his first bark at 8 months. Did I mention he is a cat? And, I saw the usual eagles and hawks flying over the river this week, but on Thursday, as I was driving and gazing, I nearly hit another resident of our river bank--brother coyote. He was little, scruffy, and emitted pity. He crossed the bridge and went down to the frozen river, trotting on the ice with two others of his kind. I have seen a big coyote next door to us about ten years ago It looked emaciated and desperate. His eyes were not wild, but malicious. These small ones I saw last week were different, but the eco system around here is changing. I see more and more unusual wildlife than ever, things I don't remember when I was little, like the gulls, cranes, pelicans, fox, groundhog, pheasant, wild turkey, bald eagles, and now the coyote. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a shark fin circling the water taxi.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Saturday, March 1, 2014
The Cat Barked "Woof!"
It's official, my huge tom kitten with the build of a Labrador barked his first bark at 8 months. Did I mention he is a cat? And, I saw the usual eagles and hawks flying over the river this week, but on Thursday, as I was driving and gazing, I nearly hit another resident of our river bank--brother coyote. He was little, scruffy, and emitted pity. He crossed the bridge and went down to the frozen river, trotting on the ice with two others of his kind. I have seen a big coyote next door to us about ten years ago It looked emaciated and desperate. His eyes were not wild, but malicious. These small ones I saw last week were different, but the eco system around here is changing. I see more and more unusual wildlife than ever, things I don't remember when I was little, like the gulls, cranes, pelicans, fox, groundhog, pheasant, wild turkey, bald eagles, and now the coyote. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a shark fin circling the water taxi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment