Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Original tip 29: Radios

 29. The radio is still a great option, so are cassette players for those of us who still have them, so are records and turntables. Vinyl records can be valuable collectibles, but they are still affordable in various types of conditions. Or, if you play an instrument, get it out and dust it off. Pay attention to the composers, to how things are composed, see what different types of genres and music the composer has written, for what instrument. These are vocations in themselves, and interest nearly everyone. Take a survey and ask friends family, students, etc., what types of music they like, and you will find we are all amateur experts in certain types of music. Sharing that knowledge is one of they joys of everyday living.


I still love listening to the radio, to all kinds of things.  When I had Sirius, I was in heaven, and even got on via an email the Early Morning Live Show on the Martha Stewart channel.

Listening to the news on the way home from work was a great way to unwind.  I used to listen to old radio shows when I worked on miniatures and crafts at my kitchen table.  I could concentrate, but had something fun to listen to.  The classical station saved me during law school.

When my mentor Dr. Tweet was alive, I was privileged to be on his radio show, Scribble, with Senator Don Wooten, the other host. I d id Art Talks with my friend, the late Bruce Carter, read poems, and was a radio guest on the Sean Moncrieff show.  I would gladly do my own radio show.  I love it because I find TV can be distracting.  It demands that you look, when I'd rather listen.

I have a dear friend in his 90s who loves his VCR and videos, and also loves records and music.  He is a talented artist and singer who even sang with Sinatra and who knew many stars through his father, an actor and lawyer to many stars.

When my cousin died last week, I listened to two of her 45s.  She was a budding star when she was young, and sang with a band. It was a comfort to hear her beautiful voice and remember the times she took our her guitar and sang live for me.  I have my old cassettes, and a cassette player at home, and my records and CDs.  

I still play the piano, take lessons, and do music theory.  It relaxes me and grounds me; it is structure that I can count on, and supports everything I do. 




No comments:

Post a Comment