Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Memories, not!

 A couple hours ago, I had a really great thought for a blog post.  Then it went away.  Too many distractions, I guess.  TVs, cats, people getting up and heading out, worries about the weather, endless snow.  We're all snow blind around here; it creeps into our minds like cotton, swathing and smothering everything.  I've bought tea with tumeric for my every churning stomach, and another so I can sleep at night.


Here's part of my lost thought; don't give up on anything.  If you are on a diet and slip up, start over and keep at it a little at  a time.  If you want to journal every day, but can't, do it when you can.  Same with writing.  If you didn't get all your holiday cards out, send someone you love a note now.  It's ok to put away projects and go back to them, even years later.  My knitting is like that; I love to knit, though I'm not great at it.  But, it helps me to think and relaxes me.  Trouble is my kitty is a yarn freak; she will dig out hidden projects in the middle of night just to unravel them.  She falls asleep after a while, and I find her sleeping on the couch, yarn next to her, knitting needles or crochet hook next to yarn.

Stephen King has said in YouTube lectures that there are ideas you store away because their time comes later.  I'm finding that true with my doll museum.  Dolls and objects that needed finishing or repair are coming out and having their day.  Exhibits I'd had planned are getting organized while  others still wait.  Doll houses that have sat empty are being furnished and doll populated.

I also believe in just taking deep breaths, and getting through each day.  I say two prayers every day; in the morning, "Thank you, Lord, for this day."  At night, "Now I lay me down to sleep . . ."  These, along with crossing myself, are my daily devotions.  When my friends and I meet once a week for breakfast, we say a prayer before we eat, "Bless us O Lord . . ."

My other tip with art and other projects is, don't worry if it isn't perfect.  Life is too short.  I love perfect needlework, but mine is not always so. The process is soothing and at the same time, invigorating.  Believe me, I've designed enough of my own to know this.  I always look for kits, yarn, floss, needlework canvases, weaving supplies for simple looms; I know the day will come when I will use them.

Old doll house being furnished

St. Pat's decor


My nod to an 18th c doll house

My talented, beautiful cousin; we lost her last week

Two precious babies snoozing

Current landscape, but the trees stand tall


It's hard in this frigid weather not to be sad and morbid, especially after the deaths we've suffered this  year.  Yet, I think of what my Uncle Jim used to say to me in bad times, "do your best."  I have done my best, even if others we've had to deal with have not.


See each day as a new canvas as a chance to start over.   Find something each day you enjoy and do it.  I surround myself with my books; I don't have one I haven't used, read for pleasure, studied, or will use in future projects.  

Spring will come, with its flowers and plants.  We'll see green soon, and the world will come alive.  This is a good thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment