Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

Living Green, Copy Cats and More

So many posts I want to share with you fly right through my head, like the proverbial sieve, not the former sponge it was.

In a posh local store, I saw a book called 49 ways to live green, or something.  Remember my original 49 tips which, about ten years ago, were mentioned on Morning Living, a Martha Stewart Sirius radio show.  I need to look more closely.  Perhaps I've been plagiarized.  It wouldn't be the first time.

On more positive notes, it is clear, sunny, and warm.  The snow is melting.  Valentine's decorations are slowly going up. For the first time in years, I'm looking forward to the holiday.  No trips out west to deal with family issues are looming over my head.

It is also the tenth anniversary of this blog and of my Dr. E's Doll Museum Blog.  The first person to comment will receive three seed packet of her choice.  Email me at ellentsagaris@gmail.com with your address and preferences.  As soon s the seeds come out for sale, I will send them.

We will have a ribbon cutting on our current Doll and Toy Museum location on Feb. 12, 11 am.  The mayor will be in attendance, and we have some of his late mother's miniatures in our collection.  We are very grateful to our city for all the help.

Currently, I'm writing grants to help fund us, especially about new location at the 30/31 former library building.  Father M also blessed our current 30th street location this past week.

I have a poinsettia and two small evergreens holding on; I hope they will survive and that I can plant a  couple.

We're very eager to plant our fairy gardens.  I like to work on them on sunny days, out side. 

My tips for today re green living, recycle and repurpose all you can.  Donate to charity your unwanted items and take a tax credit.  Don't just throw good items into the trash, where they complicate the landfill.

Conserve water, try to buy and to eat local.  You will be helping small business and the environment.

Review good public TV shows like Iowa Ingredient, shows on food and cooking vegan, sustainability of crops, and more.  You get a lot of good ideas on how to adopt good habits at home.

Be safe, continue to have a great 2020.  I'm seeing birds flying back, as well as our majestic eagles over the river.  There are great recipes for bird feeders out there; besides the seed bells already made, there are many involving peanut butter and suet.  You can also look up ideas for plants that attract humming birds and butterflies.

P. Phil didn't see his shadow on this Ground Hog Day!  Spring may be closer than we think!

American Doll and Toy Museum
Can  you spot the cardinal?

Orchid in Naperville



No comments:

Post a Comment