- On my site Doll Collecting at About.com, there is a post about Dina Vierny, Holocaust Survivor, hero, doll collector, model, artist. collectdolls.about.com.
- Keurig is working on "green" recyclable pods for its machines. You can buy a container to reuse with any coffee you like. I suggest making doll house accessories from the current pods.
- Speaking of doll houses, our friend Margaret Grace has two new doll house mysteries out. Check her out on Amazon.com.
- My daffodils are out, along with crocus, and some violets. Pansies are available, too. More on what we plant this year.
- Visited the local Orchid Show, and was blown away. Photos on my phone, but can't get them on computer. Will keep trying.
- Aldi sells free trade coffee Keurig pods for $2.79 for 12 in some stores, and the Columbian is quite good.
- Rain barrel sales are becoming ever popular.
- Logees has many new indoor and outdoor plants; sign up for their free newsletter nad outdoor calendar.
- More later on new organic products, especially soaps, that I've discovered. If you love Zum products, you know they also make lotion besides their goats milk soaps.
- More original tips reproduced and explained here, soon.
- I'd appreciate any tips from those caring for elderly parents or relatives. I have to do some if it long distance, after an emergency California trip a month and a half ago. Also have an elderly parent here. And work. And a family. And the usual challenges we all have.
- Am reading Thor Heyerdahl on American Indians of the Pacific, as he titles his book. Remember Kon Tiki and The Rah Expeditions? Among my favorite things.
- Spring slides into summer; enjoy! More soon.
From our leaf tours:
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
Images of my container garden.
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
- I (1)
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Some tidbits for thought, and Hristos Anesti to those of us celebrating Orthodox Easter today, as well as a Blessed Passover.