Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

20,000 Viewers and Lunching at my Desk!

Hurray!  We are at 20,000!  Thanks to all of you who follow and read this blog.  Today, I had some ideas while eating lunch at my desk, something I do most of the time now.  I also bring my lunch, or most of my lunch.  I found a Vera Bradley lunch bag, insulated, half off, at the outlets last summer.  That, plus an ice pack serves to keep food fresh and safe.  I am looking for a reasonable, very portable mini fridge to go with my little office microwave, but I don't have it yet.


Today, I brought fruit, large strawberries, a clementine, and some dark chocolate.  We have a large supermarket with deli next door, so today, I augmented what I brought.  I found Maruchan noodle cups for $.50.  I chose shrimp, not spicy.  As I was eating, I thought of how easy it would be to buy a little can of shrimps, or a few fresh shrimp, or some crabmeat, and add it to the broth.  With or without some oyster crackers, it would make a good small meal in itself.  Ditto if it were a larger noodle bowl and I could add fresh vegetables, or some sliced almonds.   I could also buy a can of beans of some kind to add.  You could do the same with little cups of rice, or a can of tuna.


Even at $6 something per can, it's costs less than the average lunch.  I also found cans of soups and other items for leas than $2, and K-cups of soup for Keuirgs at around $5 for 12 cups.


I find I can write this way, or work on other things, and avoid the rush and expense of getting out.  I like to go to lunch, but save the time for errands or special occasions.  I sill ike to save leftovers in Tupperware, or small salads, and the tiny side dish containers from KFC work well for small salads, dressings, or little side dishes.


At the deli, you can get two or three slices of cheese or deli meat to take with you.  I have lots of cupboards, so I can keep paper plates, bowls, and silverware as well as cans and bottles of drinks. I'm neat about it, and many of the rest of us do the same, and corner the market on snacks and crackers.  We can also buy organic or in bulk next door, and the little containers help.l


Thank you for reading my blogs, and for your comments.  I'm always looking for tips on living green and thrifty.  Catch my Living Green board on Pinterest, and also, I've joined Stumbled On, so hope to have more information for you from that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment