Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Of Orchids and More

I've not forgotten you; this is has been winter/early spring fraught with--well, just fraught.  Last week was about yard clean up; I backed down and hired a wonderful group for me and my parents' house. After the twisted knee incident involving raking leaves last fall which cost me The MMLA Convention and several other events, enough was enough.


I love to rake, yet, it no longer loves me. But, the pots have come out, and the law ornaments.  My flowers may be mainly red this year.  We'll see how the mood takes me.  We were threatened with snow this week, but it didn't happen.  A little icy rain, but it's gone.  Knock wood; or shovels.





Last weekend, we headed to the Orchid Show, which was glorious.  Reds, lavenders, yellows, oranges, purples, whites, exploding in color.  To me, Orchids were the flowers that seemed human.  I admire from afar; I bought hand made magnets that described the flower they represent.  My orchids are silk.  My live ones have been fostered out with our Piano Teacher, who is magical with any plant.  My friend DK from my church was showing; his enthusiasm is catching, and I learned that the ice orchid concept is a myth.  He said it would be like pouring freezing water on your head to give an orchid ice.  Now, he tells me!  But, they do foster well, and I get to go to orchid and African violet shows.

Shells, Vintage Dug Decoy and Watering can displayed in a Radio Flyer Wagon on the Porch

Also began to landscape fairy gardens.  The big flower show this weekend promises more ideas for them.  I discovered a need a tiny sand castle  HMMM?  Also, you can read my post "Dolls, Flowers and Gardens" at collectdolls.about.com.

Dolls from Herb'dsDaughters Lecture made of Plants or Related to them



More soon from Logees, more original tips, some sites to read and contribute poetry, garden crafts, folk dolls, and recipes.


It has been a winter that snowed crisis after crisis followed by disaster.  When we realize we cannot save everyone, at last we find peace.  Peace to you, my readers and followers, and know I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment