Every day, I see at least 2 dozen bald eagles perched on the trees near our bridge, or soaring over us. Many of them fly over our downtown, now, and hawks and other birds of prey join them. They are not afraid of us, and as we have city deer, we now have neighborhood eagles.
Much frustration this terrible month of January, with holidays still on my mind, and many family issues fracturing my brain. Snow to deal with, older people who are fiercely independent, but nor always realistic. I am slowly growing into this category myself, I must confess.
My advice to others; set tiny goals, and take each day one at a time. My goal for today; try to make it through, deal with this awful earache, and make it to watch "Stalker" tonight. I find it cathartic.
Another way I enjoy dealing with stress is to look for bargains, especially for things we need. But, I mention now is a good time to look for Christmas decorations, often at 90% off and more at places like Dillards. JCP has good, unadvertised clothes sales, too, and I was able to buy shorts and summer slacks for, yes $.97, thats cents, each!
Another way to deal with harsh winters; count the days till spring. Look for garden displays and seed catalogs. If you are into it, build a snowman, and look at my articles and photo gallery on them at collectdolls.about.com.
Happy Hump Day; let's make it to the weekend :)
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)

No comments:
Post a Comment