Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Monday, June 25, 2012
Midsummer
A Blessed Solstice, and Frolicksome Midsummer. I reviewed the play with my class today; it was criminal law, but we looked for crimes in the play, and looked at fairy artifacts with refreshments. It is a time to make sandwich loaf, as my mother did from the American Woman's cookbook, and to sip iced tea and coffee. We are out, with fruit bats circling overhead against the new moon, and a very cool June breeze. There are candles and porch lights surrounding us, and chimineas blaze. The phantom and black velvet petunias are triving, but we lost a basil, and the orchids are struggling.
I took springs of lavender and hosta to school, with tiger lillies and made sure to water. It is hard to be sad in this weather, but I can't help it. Life is difficult, and there is not enough time to enjoy anything much. The DMV didn't send me my new license, and I have email accounts going down right and left. Life was better witout these things, and it was simpler. We would be driving across The Badlands this time of the year, and seeing the sites, only to move to the ocean and The Cliff House.
I love being cold in summer. There is a tiny moth, with transparent wings, that just lit on my screen, perhaps to read? Who knows; all this talk of fairies as made me fey.
We are on Pinterest; I love building the boards. They remind me of Mah Jong. They are the virtual collections I love to build, a variation on Marilyn Gelfman Karp's Mental Collections in In Flagrante Collecto.
Summer calls to me to look for shells and lightning bugs, to walk on dewy grass, and feel warm sand between my toes. It reminds me of fairs, and flea markets, and picking bouquets of clover and wildflowers. My mother is in summer, with my birthday and my childhood. It's laziness makes me productive and happy. Here is a birthday poem from Miss Meuriling, written in autograph book,
Never B#
Never B-flat
Always B-Natural
To end,
"If we shadows have offended, think but this, and all is mended . . "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment