Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recipes and Black Flowers: Dijon Mustard Dressing


Here we are again; as promised, here is a recipe. I came up with a dijon mustard salad dressing that was easy; 1 TBLSp. maynaisse, 1tsp. Greek yogurt, plain [any plain yogurt, sour cream, or blended tofu will do]; 1 TBSP. prepared bottled dijon mustard, any brand, about 1tsp. dill or herbs de Provence, dash of salt and pepper, dash of parsely, 2 pinches sugar. Mix all well. Blend with greens. I used about 1/2 c of our fresh, homegrown arugula, romaine lettuce, and one can of green peas, drained. I added fresh cilantro, homegrown lemon basil and Greek oregano to taste. Sprinkle with goat cheese crumbled, if you have it. I also sauted a piece of salmon with olive oil, brandy, and more fresh cilantro, lemon dill, and oregano. I added a think piece of breakfast steak. These are also good with the dijon dressing. They could be sliced and served over the salad greens.

The rest of the meal was spaghetti drizzled with ground Italian pasta seasoning, Mzidthra cheese, and butter, fresh Italian potato bread, and assorted cheeses.

Dessert was jellow cake, which I make like this: one box white cake mix, follow directions, one small package strawberry or any flavor jello, prepare as directed. One box instant vanilla pudding. One container cool whip or other whipped topping. Prepare cake as directed, but mix in box of instant vanilla pudding. Bake cake in 13 x 9 inch rectangular pan. If directions call for baking cake for 35 minmutes at 35 degrees, carefully open oven at 20 mins., poke holes in cake, pour in jello dissovled, but not chilled, bake for remaining time. Remove and cool, then frost with cool whip. You may garnish with fruits, like blueberries and strawberries for an American flag cake, nuts, or sprinkles.

I also made sugar skulls for class, since we are studying the Day of the Dead. I got this recipe from About.com, Dia de Muertos or Day of the Dead.

My Black Velvet petunias are doing vine, as are the black holly hocks. The cana lily and others are thriving. We did our share of locating and rescuing fabulous finds this weekend,including two real wicker settees. My friend next door has one, and I the other. Having read what happened to the Augie books, I rescued a stack of books, vintage tins, and puzzles from some neighbors who kindly set them out after their yard sale. They will go to friends, students, and me. It was going to storm, and since I am my mother's true daughter, I could not let the books be destroyed in the rain.

I plan on recycling and repairing more dolls as well, and am slowly rearranging some displays. We never know where we will get inspiration.

Till later, Live Green and Prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment