The Big story in the news is 1/4 people are stressed out and know it. No kidding. I spend a lot fo time trying to keep myself from screaming incessantly. So, I read, and garden when I can, and walk. I have limited my double shots on ice for the expense, but it is amazing how much money one can spend when trying to save money.
What stresses you out? For me, it's being double and triple-booked, and having to leive accorfding to accomodate other peoples' schedules. I also don't do well with people who are "energy vampires" and also narcissistic energy vampires at that. They love to tell you how in a hurry they are, and could you hurry up when you talk to them because they are SOOO busy. I have words for that, but this is a family blog.
Ah well; we suck it up. I guess since I'm on pet peeves, I'll touch on the harm reality shows have caused us. It is creating a big brother, it's OK to spy on people mentality. We equate clean with empty, and those who have anything are potential "hoarders." We are all about our "stuff," but chastise those who have bills or publically humliate people who are not pencil-thin, rich enough, style savvy enough, good enough singers, you name it. Individuality is bad, and you never know when Big Brother is watching.
Witch informers operated this way in the 17th century. We are a paradox; we stress diversity, but practice and in a passive/agressive way, encourage conformity.
For give me, I'm in a bad, bad mood.
On the plus side, Thanksgiving is two weeks away. I'm going to write poetry and further organize myself, which I do enjoy. I'm going to walk, and wrap Christmas presents, and maybe go out Black Friday just to observe and enjoy. I used to like doing that with my mom. We loved our road trips, and special little presents and surprises that we made. She made the greatest ornaments out of plastic cylindcrial pill bottles and hand-knitted doll purses. Even if we live in memory and dreams, the holidays can be ours, can be peaceful, can be good.
God speed to all veterans and soldiers; remember to fly the flag this Thursday.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment