I suppose it happens to us all. Today I woke to a cold, clear morning, a blessed hour ahead becuase of day light savings time. The first thing I discovered was my lovely kitty had taken revenge on my rug, my off white rug, not a good idea in wall-to-wall carpeting with cats and kids. I headed out with the Oxy Clean, which does well, and tripped a couple times. He was angry because I didn't get up to feed him at 3 am and 4 am, his normal snack times. I had to clean it up, and find snacks, all before I made coffee. I got to the pot to make the coffee, and dumped the coffee into the water compartment, not the basket. I tried to empty it, and the Mr. Coffee fell apart. I tried to fix it, and dropped part of it on the floor, flipping the kitty bowl with leftover shepherds pie. [He didn't like it]. I did a lot of bend and stretch to fix things. Finally, I got breakfast going and did some clean-up, and the cat then tried to steal a piece of bacon out of my plate. Not bad for a 22 year old + cat. He is now snoozed out, having gotten what he wanted, including a fitting punishment for me.
I hope to finish my leaf ornaments today, and to continue baking. I got started yesterday; it helps to have a second fridge, as I do. I can hide the goodies till later from my 12 year old, who finds all things and who lusts after cookie dough, raw! I also began to sort and to hide Xmas presents. One has to do what one has to do.
Organization is key to happiness; I used to be much neater, but I'm still organized. A few tips here and there; lay out clothes for everyone the night before school or work. I try to do it for two or three days, complete with jewelry. I put my glasses and hair bands and barrettes where I can find them, too.
Get books and materials together the night before. I have some peace of mind knowing I can get out and run if I have to, with what I need. I hate forgetting things, and I keep all flash drives, disks, post-its, pens and pencils in a little blue pouch one of my bosses gave me for Christmas several years ago. One of the best presents I ever got re work!
I keep a separate computer file for each class I teach, and a disk or drive or each set of writings or book. I use accordion files for research materials, and though I have thousands of books everywhere, I have certain book cases and work areas where I keep reference books, and books for projects I'm rsearching. I also keep a file box with bills that need to be paid. I not the date on the bills for due date, and also the date I paid them. I include catalog orders and cards there. I keep my credit cards and IDs in the same places, and do checks to make sure all is in order.
I also review my bank accounts every couple of days to make sure all is well.
I used to be able to organize my cleaning routine, living room every week, rest of the house alternate every other week. That is harder to do, but I keep up on dishes and vacume a couple of times a week. I keep new purchases in bags for a week or two in one place, but then go through them, sort, and put away what I need to.
Not everyone I know or live with is as organized, and this is a terrible challenge. I am making baby steps with my little boy; he will pick things up when asked,now, and does apologize about forgetting or making messes.
Using calendars and appointment books helps, and I keep little notebooks and post it notes. Schedules are good, too.
Have a meaningful Veterans Day; think of all those who have died for our freedom, and who are defending it now. Turn the clocks back, and have a good week!
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment