It's that time of year; here are some books and newspaper columns I enjoy for ideas to save:
The Scavenger's Manifesto; great book. You can google her site for ideas, and she is also in the NPR archives.
Mary Englebeit, her syndicated newspaper column and her magazine, books, and publications. The paper dolls alone are worth it.
Etsy.com; everything for crafters and vintage artists. Great clothes and jewelry.
Story of Stuff.com; very interesting, but I could do with out the political ragging, which was unfair and one-sided. Our soon-to-be president did quote them during one of the debates, but did not credit them.
The Everyday Cheapskate syndicated column.
Martha Stewart evertyhing, including simple YouTube searches under Christmas Decorations and Halloween Decorations. Also, all her magazines, old and new, shoes, Tweets, etc., give great ideas. I love the Craft Encyclopedia. Some ideas are pricey, but you get tons of ideas and there are recipes and patterns.
Raverly.com for knitting and crochet ideas and patterns.
And now, a quick soup recipe.
Seafood Chowder or bisque
1 can Healthy Request Maryland Crab
1 can Healthy Request Southwestern Chicken
About 1/4 cup jarred, canned, homemade spaghetti source, marinara works better
About 1/4 c rue; for bisque, a thick rue, for soupy chowder, a medium rue
Fresh or dried basil
1 c. fish stock, or canned broth or bouillon.
Rue:
1 -2 TBSP butter
1/2TBSP cake flower
Nonfat milk or cream, or milk to consistency.
Whisk butter and flower together, take off heat to blend. Whisk in Milk. After other ingredients are combined but before the seafood is added, stir rue into soup.
Before this, combine cans of soup and sauce. You can add about 1/8 sherry or cooking white. Add stock. Cook and stir well, bring to boiling then simmer.
Add rue, and stir very well, bring to boil again and reduce. Add seafood; I used frozen seafood mix that I thawed, but you can use crab, lobster meat, fresh or frozen fish, and you can add more vegetables of your choice and/or potatoes.
I let it all simmer about five minutes till seafood cooked.
Great with sour cream, crackers, bread for dipping. The Southwestern Vegetable was a Happy Accident, but it made the soup delicious. Chiles or jalepenos could be added to give it more spice and hot flavor.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment