Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Sunday, April 21, 2024
Earth Day
Dolls are ephemeral. So are toys. They disappear from the horizon after awhile.
years from now, what hasn't deteriorated will be dug out of landfills by archaeologists and studied by anthropologists. Not so different from
from those who address climate change.
When ice bergs melt, weather gets hotter or colder, or animals become extinct, that same sense of loss occurs. Dolls, toys and other small things forgotten are often all left after entire civilizations disappear.
When these thongs go, they can't be replaced.
The Earth is our mother, this Earth Day we should remember to cate for her and her children. See the original forty nine tips from this blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment