Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, April 15, 2019

Spring hath Sprung

My tulips coming up

“A think of beauty is a joy forever.”

Endymion, John Keats


Spring has sprung, and early clean ups, Easter, and Earth day are upon us.

Think about planting, and mulching, though some of us have had blizzards and snow storms, and may get more snow.  You can start seedlings in old cardboard milk cartons, in cut up cups from egg containers, even in facial tissue, no kidding.  We used to use Styrofoam coffee cups when I was a kid in school, and we grew green beans.

Those of you green houses and inside plant lights, get going already!!

To promote the spread of wild flowers, buy boxes of seeds for a dollar or even less at the dollar stars and some drugstores like Walgreen’s, and scatter them down your hill or vacant lots, or edges of your garden.  Beautiful things transpire as May approaches.

It’s time to start saving water in rain barrels and to begin saving coffee grounds and eggshells for compost.

My container gardens are my favorites; I love black and red flowers, and my Dracula flowers, which are really Celosias.  I have some new rose bushes to look forward to as well.

Kudos to my good friend Jo, who wins all kinds of prizes and who can make anything grow.  In a separate post, I am going to repost the original 49 tips in their entirety for the 9th anniversary celebration of this blog.

Spring is also a time to reflect.  I heard something valuable today on Talk Radio about listening and worrying about other people’s opinions.   When you care what others think of you, that shapes you.  You can’t be yourself, because you are trying to become something that pleases others.   On the same broadcast, I heard even if you hit rock bottom, you can pull yourself up again.  Golfer Tiger Wood was the example; he is currently making a huge comeback.  That is hard to remember, I know.  It is true for me these days.  I have had to start over, without most of my family or my parents, without my job of over 20 years.  I’ve learned not to take anyone else’s garbage, and not to do just anything but to choose how I use my time wisely.

For me, wise time use involves researching agents, and finding jobs I do want, not busy work.  I will not suffer fools, and I will not put up with other people’s obnoxious, spoiled children in class.  I will not let others use me and waste my time, and I will not sacrifice myself or my family’s time to the agendas of others.


Maybe these are words to help us, and words we can all live by.
Mermaid lawn stake from our local flower show.

Solar powered angel

No comments:

Post a Comment