Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Scenes from The Fall; Autumn


Anymore, I live for October, for autumn in general. It has finally come, after another horrible, sad year.  We had more deaths this week, and cold winds and storms. Some of us have been ripped by hurricanes yet again.


Yet, I see hope in October's golden light.  As Barry Manilow's song goes, I hate it when October goes.  Halloween is my favorite holiday. And,you it leads up to my other two favorites, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Mind you, I don't really celebrate anything any more, just memories of past celebrations.  My mom and dad are gone, now.  It hurts worse in the fall; we used to go on drives in the country and find fall festivals. My pumpkins came from the country, and we sought out caramel apples and antiques

Fee free to share your fall and Halloween memories in the comments sections.  I'm always happy to hear from you.



Praying Mantis

Country pumpkins

Ever since I read Tasha Tudor's Take Joy many years ago, I have hung seed bells as holiday
gifts for our local birds.

Autumn colors

My Japanese Maple Turning


Enjoy this video of a local house that does nearly all holidays like this!  There used to be two on the block, but now only this one.  Every year, he adds something!  There are other houses with ghosts and monsters that they make. Scary good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment