Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Litton's Weekend Adventure and Rock the Park

I couldn't even tell you how often I've been to the Grand Canyon.  It was a standard stop on our way to San Jose.  My parents made a couple of Christmas Cards of me standing along the rim, the canyon behind me.  We spent time at the Lodge, and read the history of the park; it dates to 1893, perhaps the oldest national park.


These two young guys hiked the park, telling the history of the place as they traveled.  They packed supplies that were "no landfill," no paper or plastic to leave behind, though they were eating out of Tupperware style containers.


They stopped at Phantom Ranch, wildly sold out, and only accessible by Mule.  It's one of few places that still gets male by Mule.  Everything old is new again. 


The Canyon was once home to Native Americans; you can still see their homes in the sides of the rocks, way above the floor and on the floor itself. The cave homes remind me of the caves of Mustang near Tibet, were sacred scrolls of monks can still be found in caves whose walls are decorated by handmade paintings. 


I found the wildlife intriguing; I've seen some of those featured myself. Even the rattle snake are interesting.


It brings back memories for me; I hope you all get a chance to be at the Grand Canyon, too.


Image result for the grand canyon public domain
Cave homes. Public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment