Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

When Things Go Wrong .....

I don't know what it is about today. I honestly haven't had time to look up even to see if it is a full moon.  People pass me speeding on the wrong side on residential streets; they do it to my friends, too.  Weird construction is everywhere.  I'm getting odd phone calls from places never heard of, and it's Christmas.


This year's is sad and harried; losing Dad and two dear friends was too much.  I am now an orphan officially, and nothing will ever make that better.  My wishes for all my readers are a peaceful Christmas and a blessed Solstice tomorrow.  I recommend Rosamund Pilcher's Winter Solstice for those who need solace, and I suggest surround yourself with people you love if you are sad or grieving.


Product DetailsFound on Amazon.com




Oddly enough, spending time in my childhood home has helped me.  I have done some decorating with our old things, because in them, live the memories of all of my family.  Small trees work as well as big ones, and old Nativity sets, even "dinged", can't be replaced for nostalgia.   A few cuttings of holly and evergreen set a nice tone.  Arranging things the way the house was is a good way to honor our past holidays, too.


Another thing that helps is making family recipes, baking those special cookies, or making the salad everyone loves.  When I do this, I can hear my mother and grandmother telling me what to do. If  you don't cook, perhaps try going to a favorite family restaurant, or just read the recipes and save them in a scrapbook.  I will do a scrapbook for my Dad, as for my mom.  They will be preserved with other family photos in the archives of my upcoming museum of dolls, toy, and memorabilia.


There is no closure, and there is no right or wrong way to grieve.  I say do what helps you get through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment