There comes a point when we have to "let it go!" It is so cold, that I think the cast of Frozen has moved to Florida. Thanks for the overwhelming reader response on Part I of my Ruby Lane blog post on Holiday decorating. Part II is now up as well.
I am very grateful to Rachel Hoffmann, Ruby Lane, and R. John Wright for giving me opportunities to blog for them. I wish them a very Merry Christmas and Peaceful 2017.
150 million of us are freezing our Christmas stockings off today in below zero temperatures, with more coming. Snow is drifting and blowing, but we have very little here. We are nearly finished with our own modest Christmas preparations, and I'm looking forward to a few days off to write and to finish some art projects.
We did some fun things at work and in my various clubs for Holidays. Last week, I went to a tea to benefit Heifer International, complete with candies, home made sweets, cucumber sandwiches and gourmet teas and coffees. There was a rousing round or two of Christmas bingo and write elephant gifts, for which I tried to find a white elephant with no luck. My gift was a hand stitched angel and a tiny porcelain angel ornament in white bisque. Maybe they can watch over me in 2017.
At my doll club, we played a form of dirty bingo, where the prizes were white elephant gifts. You had to fill in the bingo card with a mix of numbers 1-60, with no numbers repeated. I won a beautiful character baby porcelain doll, and also a small vinyl doll brought by a member. We also had small vintage calendars as gifts, and lots of great snacks and desserts.
At my job, we drew for an exchange of Christmas socks and stockings, wearable, stuffed with goodies and presents. That was a big hit! We then had a party at a local restaurant, and I won a set of Ralphie tumbler glasses from A Christmas Story.
Simple, no bake cookies are the dessert of choice, especially since the legendary baklava flambé episode last summer. I will be baking baklava an other items for the New Year, but in my own oven, not a borrowed one.
Life is challenging and difficult these days, because I'm the designated go to and caregiver in three families. Then, of course, there are inlaws and outlaws. The Feloni Family Christmas saga will continue, I'm sure. God Bless Us Everyone!
Goals for 2017 include working on the museum project and finding a literary agent. Good Health to all, enjoy the Moon and the upcoming Solstice.
Till next time.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)



No comments:
Post a Comment