From my Friend, Kim G.:
This is an amazing casserole for the crock pot, or else, bake it in the oven. Adjust times and temperatures as you would for other casseroles involving similar ingredients, or for dishes like chicken and dumplings.
2 large chicken breasts
1 envelope Good Seasons or any brand dry Italian dressing mix [if you're stuck; try using Italian seasoning mix like Aldi sells. Put the same amount as in the envelope, or try the spaghetti sauce seasoning in Kraft's Italian spaghetti dinner, an old family favorite for us.
I can chicken broth, 8 oz
1 can cream of mushroom soup, any brand
1 can cream of chicken soup, any brand
I oz container whipped cream cheese
Crock Pot:
{Or the way my memory is work, I should say, Crack Pot!)
Combine chicken, Italian dressing mix and chicken broth. Make sure there is enough liquid to cover the chicken. Cook 2 hours.
(On the stove, combine ingredients in a Dutch oven, and cook till chicken is browned and cooked through. Add liquid as needed . Then, combine and stir other ingredients, and bake for about 4-45 mins or so, watching constantly to see if there is enough liquid. Again, follow directions for baking Tuna casserole)
In Crock Pot, add all the other ingredients and stir. Cook another 3 hours, but watch.
Serve over white rice or noodles. I would add canned or Fresh Mushrooms for flavor, but it its heavenly even without them!
This is real comfort food!!
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)

No comments:
Post a Comment