Once again, less than ten days before Christmas, the world is in turmoil Maybe we should be stocking sugar cubes and carrots for the steeds of The Four Horsemen, not milk and cookies for Santa. Once again, innocents are slaughtered at the hands of those gone mad, and what's worse, many are young. Too young. We are still reeling over Dec. 14th two years ago, a day that used to full of happy anniversaries for me.
Now, it is the anniversary of horror.
On my way to work today, I mused yet again why anyone would murder in cold blood, and why they need to murder so many. I try to understand, and feel some compassion for a person that distressed, that full of despair. But what selfishness to take everyone with you. Why little children who can't have lived long enough to harm anyone? Why cruelty in other circles towards helpless animals?
The real horror, the domestic horror as Shirley Jackson might have understood it, is that these were innocents supposely in safe places. Children going to school. Remember that holidays at school? Parties and programs full of Christmas and Hannukah songs. Treats, packages wrapped up for the teacher?
Or, how many of us stop for coffee each morning. Indeed, it's the highlight of the day for some of us. That 34 year old and 38 year old killed wasn't thinking of death yesterday when each walked into a Sydney cafe.
Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards all of us; where is it? Are we even capable of it.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment