Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quick Frittata

You know the time of week; close to mid week, and just before pay day. Everyone is tired and worn out, and out have to make dinner. Fastfood is not an option, restaurants aren't either, and no one's been to the grocery store. What to do? I try to have a couple dozen eggs on hand, and some basic vegetables and salad materials. I thought I had potatoes, because they are useful, but I didn't even have my handly little canned potatoes, which work great in emergencies. I just knew I had to fix a fritatta for dinner, with green salad, and leftover chinese food as side dishes. So, I got to work. I was out of Pam, so I melted butter in my large frying pan that also makes a good wok. After the butter melted and coate the bottom of the pan, I turned off the burner and set it aside. Actually, I used I can't Believe It's not Butter! Unfortunately, Fabio was not there to read the recipe cards or take notes, so I had to wing it :) In a large bowl, any kind, I broke six eggs and added two 2 inch cubes of feta cheese, crumbled, about one cube of coby, chopped up, three green onions, chopped up, about 1 TBSP. Italian seasoning, or you could use fresch herbs, or oregano, pepper. I added about ten green olives, but any olives would do. Next, about half cup frozen baby lima beans, almost any vegetables would do, except okra. For texture, I cut up an all beef Kosher hot dog into little bits, but you can leave out the meat. I would have added thingly sliced potatoes if I'd had them. Noodles would work, too. I had a sweet potato, but didn't want to risk it. So, I added about 1 c of bread crumbs, Italian flavor, and one can of cream of celery soup for texture. I poured it into the fryer, and cooked it on low, till the eggs and everything began to gel. Then, having preheated the oven to 350 degrees before I stirred up all the ingredients, I put the pan in for 20 mins. Meanwhile, I fixed the salad, which was already cut up, but we washed and drained it again. We had Kraft ranch dressing, and my husband added the rest of the colby. We heated leftover white rice, mongolean beef, beef with broccoli, lo mein, and egg drop soup, enough for everyone two have 2-3 TBSP as a side dish. The whole thing took about 45 min prep time, becauwe I was cleaning up the kitchen, dishwasher, and fridge as I went. The verdict was that it was a good dinner. So, I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment