Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Quick Frittata
You know the time of week; close to mid week, and just before pay day. Everyone is tired and worn out, and out have to make dinner. Fastfood is not an option, restaurants aren't either, and no one's been to the grocery store. What to do? I try to have a couple dozen eggs on hand, and some basic vegetables and salad materials. I thought I had potatoes, because they are useful, but I didn't even have my handly little canned potatoes, which work great in emergencies.
I just knew I had to fix a fritatta for dinner, with green salad, and leftover chinese food as side dishes.
So, I got to work. I was out of Pam, so I melted butter in my large frying pan that also makes a good wok. After the butter melted and coate the bottom of the pan, I turned off the burner and set it aside. Actually, I used I can't Believe It's not Butter!
Unfortunately, Fabio was not there to read the recipe cards or take notes, so I had to wing it :)
In a large bowl, any kind, I broke six eggs and added two 2 inch cubes of feta cheese, crumbled, about one cube of coby, chopped up, three green onions, chopped up, about 1 TBSP. Italian seasoning, or you could use fresch herbs, or oregano, pepper. I added about ten green olives, but any olives would do. Next, about half cup frozen baby lima beans, almost any vegetables would do, except okra. For texture, I cut up an all beef Kosher hot dog into little bits, but you can leave out the meat. I would have added thingly sliced potatoes if I'd had them. Noodles would work, too. I had a sweet potato, but didn't want to risk it. So, I added about 1 c of bread crumbs, Italian flavor, and one can of cream of celery soup for texture.
I poured it into the fryer, and cooked it on low, till the eggs and everything began to gel.
Then, having preheated the oven to 350 degrees before I stirred up all the ingredients, I put the pan in for 20 mins. Meanwhile, I fixed the salad, which was already cut up, but we washed and drained it again. We had Kraft ranch dressing, and my husband added the rest of the colby.
We heated leftover white rice, mongolean beef, beef with broccoli, lo mein, and egg drop soup, enough for everyone two have 2-3 TBSP as a side dish.
The whole thing took about 45 min prep time, becauwe I was cleaning up the kitchen, dishwasher, and fridge as I went.
The verdict was that it was a good dinner. So, I recommend it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment