Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Nature Trivia
A few random topics today, and a thank you to the person who left us a comment. We'd love to consider a future collaboration, but right now, we are spread a little too thin. I would love to read your blog, however. Yesterday, along a busy suburban street, a saw a wild turkey sitting in the grass, posssibly a female, contendedly gazing as the cars drove by. She almost looked as if she were smiling. Maybe we are the turkey version of net flix.
I overheard a newstory regardng feeding processed foods to rats. Apparently, the lab rats were not as eager for a reward if they were fed low fat, sugary, refined flour foods. Translation is that the same happens to humans, and results of the rat study will be published soon. I dedicate this story to my late, great lab rat Wilbur, who was always eager for a reward and a cuddle, as are my two big kittens, Tuxedo and Bangles.
The price of beef is oging up, in large part due to demands from McDonalds, Burger King, and other fast food moguls, but also because cattle heards have thinned because of the harsh weather to population levels like those in 1951, Well, eat salad and sushi, I say.
Still the guide at About.com Doll collecting, where the newsletters and comments are free. Finally, there are tulips and daffodils pushing themselves up, and grass is getting greener.
A Blessed Passover and Happy Easter to those celebrating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment