Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Original Tips 8, 9, 10

.8. Recycle your junk mail, or learn to use it in crafts or to make papier mache. I bought a gorgeous swan made of tiny folded sheets of paper from the Sunday ad glossies this weekend. Cool stuff, and cheap, and it re-uses things around the house.

I have been huge on recycling lately. Moving does that to a person, and so does creating a new office space. I am designing a cozy "girl cave" solely for writing and personal escape. It can't hurt. 9. Keep a doodle journal for ideas, swatches of color or paint you like, postcards, favorite quotes, ideas for living green, recipes, etc. Let yourself go, and learn to organize by familiarity because you use it often and find great inspiration in it.

I have even found tiny journals on the end of necklaces, especially at places like Michael's that features retro jewelry findings and Steampunk accessories, or at antique shops and scrapbook stores. They make my imagination run wild, and my smallest journal is leather bound and sits on the head of a pin. Like Corey Doctorow, I love books, in all forms, sizes. I heap them everywhere, and have nearly 400 downloaded on my kindle, a small library on my husband's pan digital device, and a sizeable library on Google. Happy Reading, I say. 10. Find some happiness in each day; be grateful, and think, "there but for the grace of God go I."

This has been harder to do for me; times are very trying. I miss my mother; I don't care who knows it. Holidays seem pointless, yet she and I loved them. I keep them up for my own family, but it is hard. Not everyone loves them, and most of us would rather just not bother. I try to do even small gifts for everyone, some handmade. I try to cook and bake special things, but it is hard when I don't feel well and am so exhausted. Fighting all sorts of digestive issues with diet, not medicine. In my past life, my boss and I took on too many malpractice suits. I know too much. I see what happened to my mother. I think everyone should find a good doctor when sick; but, finding a good doctor is getting harder and harder to do Still, I go out and feel the cold, clean air, and see the sun. I work in the yard despite my aches and pains, and I watch my little kittens play, and I know life can't just end. Memories comfort me; the family I have left, the very fact that Christmas does come ever year, along with every season. This Thanksgiving, I will be thankful, even if I can't always be ha

No comments:

Post a Comment