Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Perhaps 100,000 strong!
Thanks to the 10,332 who have read and/or follow this blog. We love our viewers, even if you only visit once. :) For all 8 of my blogs, I am near 100,000 readers or so. Thank you!!!Writers write to be read; this I believe. Money is wonderful; to be able to support yourself and your family doing what you love is a privilege, but it is to be read and appreicated, or even debated, and even scorned---[no publicity is bad publicity!] that writers crave. It is what drives us. I would write in expectation of an audience if only the scorpions and desert snakes were my audience, or even if I were the last person on earth. I read today a headline that as a race, we humans can count our days. I don't know that I believe our days are numbered, or that the world can be destroyed, but I respect Mother Earth. Does anyone really go away completely when they die? Are there remnants and memories of the DNA of lost species, like the dinosaur traits many reptiles share, or the ancient plants that still grow on the earth? Some of us bear traces of our Neanderthal ancestors, and others have collective cultures and memories that seem to predate all time.
But, back to the mundane, wonderful world of now. I have a few days off, "three rare and wonderous pearls" as Virginia Woolf would say. I have nowhere to go tonight, except to my family, to cook, to walk later in the cool fall air. It is relief, and much needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment