Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
Search This Blog
Pages
Friday, April 13, 2012
Barefoot Sisters, Ticks, and Friday the 13th Karma
I have so much more to talk about than what is below, but what I am posting is some practical advice for health and safety this spring. I have been reading Barefoot Sisters, about two sisters who hike the Appalachian Trail barefoot, living off of nuts, seeds, and the land. They are the original hunter/gatherers, and I can't help but think of Rice's Maharet and Mekare. To my friends Nellie Blue, Carol Josten and Linda Cox, Happy Birthday today! The date with the Full Moon have combined to make this a miserable day for me, full of bad and odd things happening, but these two, shall pass.
It is also Good Friday for those of us who belong to The Greek Orthodox Church, so Kali Anastasi and Kallo Pascha!
Read below:
Ticks can carry the organisms that cause Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Ehrlichiosis. Everyone needs to start protecting themselves against tick bites. For information on how to prevent tick bites and tick removal when a bite does occur, please review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention information at www.cdc.gov/ticks/avoid/on_people.html. For guidelines on the safe use of insect repellants, visit www.idph.state.ia.us/idph_universalhelp/main.aspx?system=IdphEpiManual&context=DEET_factsheet. The most common tick-borne disease in Iowa is Lyme disease; 85 cases of Lyme disease were reported to IDPH in 2011.The most diagnostic and earliest sign of infection is a rash that may appear within a few days to a month, usually at the site of the tick bite. The rash will first look like a small, red bump, then expand until it begins to look like a bull’s eye, with a red center and a red ring surrounding a clear area. Unfortunately, this rash does not appear in everyone. For more information on Lyme disease, visit www.idph.state.ia.us/idph_universalhelp/main.aspx?system=IdphEpiManual&context=Lyme_Disease_factsheet.
Be safe and enjoy the great outdoors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment