Today is random, random warm weather, random thoughts, random Mondays. It was nearly 60 on F., and I thougth I should be looking at flowers. Then I realized it was the first week of January, and the old Christmas Eve. I have as small pot of trick or treat pansy that was on my porch, and is still alive, having survived erratic weather, a very little snow, and some early frost. It is now inside, with my African violet and orchids. It is the black pansy, of which I am so fond. I hope that my black holly hocks will bloom.
Last night, in Moby Duck, I read of chocolate orchids, really a deep purple. No one quite knows how they got their name, but the old joke is to tell someone to sniff it; they smell like orchids, but you are expected to think they smell like chocolate. My large orchid is now dropping blooms; does anyone have any ideas why? I have been very careful to give it the right light and not to overwater. Will it bloom again?
I would like to read/experiment with stews as recommended in the current Cook's Illustrated, but no time. Also, I'm still very sick and run down, and it is all I can do to get through the day. My hand is still bad, as well. Perhaps we should share Pick Me UP tips for the month?
Placed as finalist in a poetry contest, which surprised me; I wrote the poem many years ago, and didn't think anyone liked it. Go figure, but I'm very pleased.
Visited Eagle Days, and saw the owls, wolves, and
Eagles.
the River Action people were there showing items they pulled out of the river. Moby Duck discusses items pulled from the oceans, in various "garbage patches." The book is fascinating; it reminds me a little of Kon Tiki, a favorite of mine from childhood. More later, and let's all Pep up!
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment