We have nearly 5000 views; let's go for 15,000! Thanks, to the people all over the world who have read my blogs; I have six total, and they mean everything to me, as do you, my readers. I feel close to all of you, and appreciate that of the millions of sites on the Web, you chose to visit mine. Thank you.
I am filled with autumn inspiration, and thoughts of holidays gone by, of my family, of my mother, how I wish she were here to read these entries. Today was nightmarish, but being able to write restores, and clears one's head. Being able to read is even better. Books have always been my friends and my teachers; I encourage others to forge those bonds, and to revere them. My mother had a rule; never throw a book away, and she lived by it, even during the war when she had nothing else.
More recipes, soon. I've been experimenting with potatoes in the oven, and of course, soups and chilis. My mantra is easy and economical. I've been recycling paper, and reusing containers whenever I can, thinking outside the box to find uses for the box. Hope all is well with everyone. Now is the time to get out favorite patterns and recipes, and to come up with holiday ideas. For inspriation, again, Perlman's "The Christmad Cookie Club."
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment