And the squirrel wars continue. They've dug up all my seeds and mangled a primrose, though there are some survivors. They even got into the catnip; little do they know my little cat, elderly as he is, is spry, deceptive, and a taker of squirrels. He did one in and laid it where I usually park my car one day to prove me wrong. I told him he'd never bag a squirrel; they were nearly as big as he was and more aggressive. Meowma was wrong that time.
I made a frittata recipe and a dessert using cornflakes, dried cherries and dark chocolate from Everyday Food publications. They were easy, and tasted good. I didn't get heartburn, either. The no bake cookies were about 1 c. dried cherries, 12 oz semisweet chocoloate chips, and 2 cups crushed cornflakes. I used Aldi brands, and saved a lot of money. Melt the chocolate, and combine with cherries and cornflakes. Mix. Drop by well-rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Let dry two hours. Voila! Healthy, about 100 calories each, low in fat, and fantastic. Make a whole box for Mother's Day!
The fritatta was fun to do; combine 8 eggs, a cup or so of grated cheeses, about 2 tbsps milk, mushrooms, olives, fillings of your choice, two chopped green onions, and pour into an oven safe frying pan. Bake about 50 minutes, or until eggs bubble up. You can include sliced potatos, or even low fat, low sodium potato chips, but I made rosemary potatoes separately. This had sliced plum tomatoes and fresh parsley decorating the top, but you could leave them out.
A few weeks ago, I did a pasta bake from leftovers that was fun. I used bowties and spaghetti, and boiled it. I drained it and combined it with a can of Herdez diced tomato with lime, about 1/4c marinara sauce, jars are OK, fresh onions and vegetables chopped, some garlic, about 1/c grated parmesan and other cheese, cilantro, parsely, oregano, piniones and basil. I baked it till the cheese metled, about 25 mintues. It tasted great, and froze well. You could add seafood, or browned, drained meat like hamburger or ground turkey.
I'm waiting for my lilacs to bloom, and spent time raking and working in my yard. I also sat at my little table to read and to collect my thoughts yesterday. One great day can really help restore everything. Till next time, Happy planting.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment