Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Everyday Food, a few Recipes, Flowers in Bloom

And the squirrel wars continue. They've dug up all my seeds and mangled a primrose, though there are some survivors. They even got into the catnip; little do they know my little cat, elderly as he is, is spry, deceptive, and a taker of squirrels. He did one in and laid it where I usually park my car one day to prove me wrong. I told him he'd never bag a squirrel; they were nearly as big as he was and more aggressive. Meowma was wrong that time.

I made a frittata recipe and a dessert using cornflakes, dried cherries and dark chocolate from Everyday Food publications. They were easy, and tasted good. I didn't get heartburn, either. The no bake cookies were about 1 c. dried cherries, 12 oz semisweet chocoloate chips, and 2 cups crushed cornflakes. I used Aldi brands, and saved a lot of money. Melt the chocolate, and combine with cherries and cornflakes. Mix. Drop by well-rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Let dry two hours. Voila! Healthy, about 100 calories each, low in fat, and fantastic. Make a whole box for Mother's Day!

The fritatta was fun to do; combine 8 eggs, a cup or so of grated cheeses, about 2 tbsps milk, mushrooms, olives, fillings of your choice, two chopped green onions, and pour into an oven safe frying pan. Bake about 50 minutes, or until eggs bubble up. You can include sliced potatos, or even low fat, low sodium potato chips, but I made rosemary potatoes separately. This had sliced plum tomatoes and fresh parsley decorating the top, but you could leave them out.

A few weeks ago, I did a pasta bake from leftovers that was fun. I used bowties and spaghetti, and boiled it. I drained it and combined it with a can of Herdez diced tomato with lime, about 1/4c marinara sauce, jars are OK, fresh onions and vegetables chopped, some garlic, about 1/c grated parmesan and other cheese, cilantro, parsely, oregano, piniones and basil. I baked it till the cheese metled, about 25 mintues. It tasted great, and froze well. You could add seafood, or browned, drained meat like hamburger or ground turkey.

I'm waiting for my lilacs to bloom, and spent time raking and working in my yard. I also sat at my little table to read and to collect my thoughts yesterday. One great day can really help restore everything. Till next time, Happy planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment