Merry Christmas! Many good tips for organic cooking and food shopping on PBS's "Create." Also, On Jacque Pepin's Fast Food and Rick Steve's Europe,many tips for using local ingredients and recipes. Resolve to go greener this year in 2011; look over what is available in local stores for food, but also for recycled paper, craft products, fashions, cleaning supplies and electronics. There are bargains to be had in local coops and natural food stores, especially in organically grown teas and spices that can be bought in very small amounts, but that make all the difference in taste. Also, more and more places have indoor farmers markets all year that offer free range chickens naturally colored eggs.
Think of toasting the new year responsibly with local brews from local wineries and breweries, or drink sparkling ciders. Also, review Every Day food, TV, radio, and magazine, for ideas of how to use leftovers.
I recommend our other site, too, Dr. E's Doll Museum, and the wonderful dolls made by our good friends at Uneek Designs. Please visit her Etsy site if you haven't yet! They are fantastic, and I plan to feature mine in a lecture I'm giving this May to our local AAUW on dolls representing historical women.
Merry Christmas to All! And now, to write those cards ....
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment