I spent part of my evening folding clothes, and noting what needed to be hung up and ironed. I thought of my grandma, and my mom, who sprinkled clothes with water, and realized what a simple, green, and good idea that is. No starch, no spray can, no chemicals, just water. I remembered my simple little figurines with the sprinkler head and how great they were for this task. Laundry and laundry day reminds me of relatively good times when I was able to hang up clothes outside, and the air was fresh and a warm, clean scent pervaded everything. I still like to wash things by hand and hang them outside, if only on the rung of the mailbox. It makes me think of my mother, who ironed whenever she could, and how proud I was to help her fold clothes, match socks, and mend what needed mending. I loved fixing up drawers when I had time, and rolling socks, and organizing. Summer was for late spring clean, and picking flowers, and family trips, often to a National Park, more often to California, the CA of Dragnet and other 70s and late 60s shows I grew up with.
My simple green tip for the day; don't litter. It was our mantra when we were growing up, and it was a good one. Live Green and Prosper.
Easter
Lily in Autumn
Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons
The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum
Emma
Like My Spider
It's Halloween!
Moth
Our Friend
Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll
A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box
Crowded Conditions
Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!
First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!
Autumn Still Life
public domain
Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman
Angel Monument
Popular Posts
-
Belated Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have been too sick to enjoy one of my favorite holidays. I didn't even get corned beef, or to w...
-
It is the Solstice, Blessed Be. As they days grow slowly longer, may we also grow to love one another and to learn to live in peace. Holi...
-
Memoir; Writing your Life Story: Solstice, also for Dr. E's Greening Tips for the C... : It is the Solstice; Blessed Be! I look forwar...
-
Happy Halloween; it is my favorite night of the year! We were low key this year, but we did get out our graveyards and pumpkins. A scarecr...
-
Pasta with Mushroom Veloute Sauce, garnished with Hard Boiled Eggs One lb. pasta 2 hardboiled eggs One 6 ounce can cream of chicken sou...
-
Proclamation of Thanksgiving Washington, D.C. October 3, 1863 This is the proclamation which set the precedent for America's national...
-
Look closely at how delicate I am. I am probably a may fly, but I am as detailed as the scarabs from an Egyptian royal tomb. No one a...
-
Top Five Favorite Antique Parian Dolls | Ruby Lane Blog
Total Pageviews
Kiowa Doll
Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum
Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth
A Goddess
Labels
- I (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment