Easter

Easter
Lily in Autumn

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris

Tigress by Ellen Tsagaris
This is a story of Jack the Ripper with at Twist!

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name

Ellen Tsagaris' The Bathory Chronicles; Vol. I Defiled is My Name
This is the first of a trilogy retelling the true story of the infamous countess as a youn adult novel. History is not always what it seems.

Wild Horse Runs Free

Wild Horse Runs Free
A Historical Novel by Ellen Tsagaris

With Love From Tin Lizzie

With Love From Tin Lizzie
Metal Heads, Metal Dolls, Mechanical Dolls and Automatons

Google+ Followers

The Legend of Tugfest

The Legend of Tugfest
Dr. E is the Editor and A Contributor; proceeds to aid the Buffalo Bill Museum

Emma

Emma

Like My Spider

Like My Spider
It's Halloween!

Moth

Moth
Our Friend

Little Girl with Doll

Little Girl with Doll
16th C. Doll

A Jury of her Peeps

A Jury of her Peeps
"Peep Show" shadow box

Crowded Conditions

Crowded Conditions

Follow by Email

Opie Cat's Ancestors

Opie Cat's Ancestors
Current Cat still Sleeps on Victorian Doll Bed with Dolls!

First Thanksgiving Dinner

First Thanksgiving Dinner
Included goose and swan on the menu!

Autumn Still Life

Autumn Still Life
public domain

Boadicea

Boadicea
The Original Bodacious Woman

Angel Monument

Angel Monument

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Kiowa Doll

Kiowa Doll

Sketch of children playing

Sketch of children playing
Courtesy, British Museum

Gadget

This content is not yet available over encrypted connections.

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

Small Dolls, Clay and Cloth

A Goddess

A Goddess

Labels

  • I (1)

Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Turning Chaos into Calm by Organization, and Other Myths

All myths are based in some truth or historical fact, or so I think, after studying history and reding mythology for most of my life. Today I browsed and shopped a little in the organic section of one of my local groceries. I noticed that the chain now has its own brand of organic food, and there were some specials. So, we are trying some frozen black bean burritos and a spankopita, which really, is Greek food, so ethnic, not necessarily organic. I will go back and do some ingredient comparison and price comparison. I have to wonder why organic food and products, and energy effecient items in generalm are so much more expensive than the usual items on the shelf. Is it because market retailors consider them a fad? Why should it cost so much more to stay healthy and out of doctors' offices than to live on junk food, or as one critic puts it, food0like subtances? That, I guess, is one of the myths/ mysteries of the universe. Here are my long awatied household tips, brought to you from the Nov. 2011 Issue of antique and crafts monthly. The holidays are near, and I see decorations for the big 3, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, already! I don't mind too much; this is my favorite time of year, when I'm in my glory. What can I say? I love organe; I love black. Red and Green are Celtic Colors; I love Celtic anything. My mom loves this time of year, and it brings me closer to her. Unfortunately, I never have enough money any more. All kinds of bills are due, and I manage to get sick a lot, allergies, and seasonal issues. Oh well. here are the tips from "Hints for Homeowners," p. 5: 1. Turning Chaos into Calm with Organization e.g, the garage [mine is both storage, and library space]. Use organizational groups like Gladiator Garage Works; the name itself is inspiring, to make your arge into a mulituse area. So, a. Allow yourself time to tackle the project. I love this, but I would love the person who could give time even more. b. Donate or recycle broken or unused item. c. look for wated space, e.g., cieoling raters, and create a plan of how the room will look. Choose an organizational system, or I say, create your own or watch Mission Oganization and laugh. I've often wanted to invite them over to say " I double-dog dare you." d. Place what you use most in the most easily accessible locations, not, like I do, where there is space. e. Put things used away in a timely manner [yes, we did learn everything we needed in kindergarten. Enjoy yuour space. 2. Cook up comfort foods [and I know there are lots of cookbooks like Healthy Exchanges and others recipes, that help you lighten the comfort food recipes and also take away calories. My mom liked substituting splenda for sugar, and sometimes, light margarine you can cook with for bother. Her melomacarona and baklava were still wonderful] a. Replace old range goods if neecded, like one recommended, the new Broan Evolution, which I personally know nothing about. b. tip; if you have to operate your rnage hood on hgih all the time to get rid of exhaust, you mayneed a new one. 3. Inspire a deisre for convervatoin, at p. 9; a. Visit a lake or ocean, and share that 97% of the world's water is salty or undrinkable. 2% is locked in icecalsp./laciers. That leaves 1% for all of us to live on. Find a role model, see the film, Rango, now on DVD. 4. Talk to zoo keepers and managers of aquariums, and visit the animals to learn about their haibtat. a. Save water indside, take short showers not baths all the time. b. Think before you flush; I've hear dthat pelnty of times. c. turn off water while brushing your teeth. d. Take not e and fix leaky faucets. e. Reuse aquairum water for hosueplants. 5. Outside: a. Us the hose where its needed, don't just randomly play, aim it at the thirstiest plants. b. water at nhight. Use a bucket and hose with a nozzle to wash the car . We have had a very dry summer, yet our corn crops are doing well. My flowers, not so much, but they are hanging on. I have worked so much that I've not been able to go swimming at all, but will be able to visit a barge next week. An interesting site; goggle Charity Water. Thanks to my over 30,000 readers on all my blogs, and as always, we love comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment